Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Gardens and Plants #106, 0 by plantladylin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plantladylin

In reply to: Tropical Gardens and Plants #106

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Gardens and Plants #106
plantladylin wrote:
Just had a minute to pop in and scan the posts and I sure enjoy viewing everyone's beautiful tropical plants and gardens!

Rita: I'm not certain but your bird looks like a white Zebra Finch: http://www.google.com/search?q=white zebra finch&hl=en&biw=1... Sure is a beauty!

If you'd rather not wait for seeds I can send you big bulbs/tubers of the white Four O'clocks ... d-mail me your address.

Debra: Yep, that's definitely a Red-bellied Woodpecker in your photo. We have tons of them down here, they are year round residents. They love raisins, peanuts, berries and peanut butter but will eat seeds as well. I don't have a problem with them being bully birds at all ... the Jays, Woodpeckers, Cardinals, Doves etc. all take turns at the feeders ... but I've got a lot of feeders to keep them all happy. This is a picture last month of a Jay and Red-bellied at an old birdbath together: