Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, June 2011, 0 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, June 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts, June 2011
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Sue - Albino plants make a great conversation piece but unfortunately once removed from mother, KAPUT!

I once had a Mini Neo Meyendorfii which was very well known for is unstable qualities, at one stage there was a deformed variegated plant with a poorly variegated pup on one side and an albino on the other.

A lady who came to buy plants one day, especially liked the albino mini pup and wanted to buy it right or wrong; when I told her I wouldn't sell it because if it was separated from the mother it would die, she then said that she would take the whole plant. Again I said that I wouldn’t sell it because it was too unstable and she wouldn’t know what she was getting from one year to the next. In the end she got a bit ”huffy” and stormed out of the place, and I think to this day she thought I was telling her lies.

Below is a pic of the plant in question

All the best, Nev.