Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Wisteria question! I need help!, 0 by DivaSharon

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DivaSharon

In reply to: Wisteria question! I need help!

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Wisteria question!  I need help!
DivaSharon wrote:
Oh Clare, yours are so beautiful! All those different kinds! How amazing! The second one looks like orchids!

I agree with you that it's one of the world's most beautiful vines, and that's why I yearned for them for so long and was so thrilled to have a house where I could finally have them! I always pictured a doorway with a big arch (which we have, about 20 feet high), just dripping with Wisteria! It's grown all the way to the top of the sides, but hasn't gone over the arch yet. But this year, I think it will. It's been planted for two years. I think I just have to keep it away from the gutters of the roof, right?

Anyway, I will read all those links you gave me and try to understand about how to prune it. I did some pruning today, just using my instincts to get rid of the dead flowers. Hope I did right. It's hard, not having a person to actually show me the proper angle to cut, and how far down to cut, etc. I'm not so good at understanding diagrams or descriptions, do much better hands-on.

Well, thanks again, everybody, for being so welcoming and helpful on my first couple of days here! This is such a nice place! I think I will love this new hobby!

Here is a picture of a butterfly taking a drink from my Wisteria!