Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 89, 0 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 89

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 89
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Cold and showery yesterday but the icy wind has gone for a while. Today looks slightly foggy out the window. .
Anthony, sounds like you are going to have a magnificent show of liliums.
I potted all my new ones yesterday and have them out where they will get sun but the bases will be covered with some of my seaside daisies.
I saw a magnificent B. sanguinea over on the brug thread It is in the Tas. Botanic Gardens. Those gardens must be lovely.
If you want ground cover, you cant beat that seaside daisy . It grows anywhere and seeds itself all over the place. Easily removed though despite having many roots. If mine gets a bit much, I just cut the whole thing to the ground and it regrows later.
Pam, I hope your Christmas lilies get treated better than mine. I totally forgot all about putting the pot near a hebe. The hebe grew over the pot and I only just found it. I think the lilies must be very forgiving as they look quite happy.
Hello jean/moon and Charleen. Your gardens must be looking lovely now with a bit of rain.
I cant wait to see the blue tomatoes.
Chrissy, the brugs are starting to realise its winter now. A few leaves falling off. The bougainvillea has no such ideas. Its still flowering like mad , even with no sun to speak of.
Hello Dianne and Elaine. Also Colleen and Karen.
Not much to do here as even though the rain has stopped. everything is wet, ugh.
I will just walk around in the greenhouses and shadehouses, telling everything to grow.
I hope you all keep warm, especially all the northerners. Poor things, getting a little bit cold.
Anthony, you should send them some snow.
Hers something nice to add a few more pounds to the waistline. My favorite, Chocolate Mud Cake.
Happy day, Jean.