Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Garden pics please?, 0 by estrail1rider

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright estrail1rider

In reply to: Garden pics please?

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Garden pics please?
estrail1rider wrote:
I currently have around 400-500 named irises. Almost all need to be thinned. I want to keep my newer irises in the landscaping around our new house. My old ones, 1950 and older, I want to put into a HIPS garden. After our house was finished and I started landscaping, I planted things too close together. Here, at our old house, it takes things forever to grow.I wanted things there to actually have reasonably full foundation planting in a few years without waiting until we were too old to enjoy it. Well, things over there grow like there was no tomorrow and the beds are already getting CROWDED! I talked to a man at the Co. that ut iin our septic system (turns out he was a former student at VA Tech and had hubby for a professor) about an iris garden over the septic field, and he said it would be fine there. The garden hasn't been put in yet, hopefully by this fall. I have been thinking about rows but wanted some other ideas to consider.
Here are some pics of where they are currently located.

one side of the upper driveway:

This message was edited Jun 8, 2011 7:52 AM