Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Japanese Maples: ID for new tree?, 0 by bbrookrd

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bbrookrd

In reply to: ID for new tree?

Forum: Japanese Maples

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of ID for new tree?
bbrookrd wrote:
I love a mystery too. I wandered about today and looked at other small leaved ones that I have and will post some shots later. What a great gift to you. Your employer obviously chose it well for the gardener that you are.

I planted many new things that we brought back from our nursery crawl last weekend including another Japanese Maple that I picked up at Bay State in Whately. Love those folks. I planted it in a pot by the front door and then will plant it out in the garden in the fall. I did that last year too with another one. I would rather spend 48.00 on a nice Acer and plant it with a couple of trailing annuals around it and along with one New Guinea Impatience than spending the same amount on a whole bunch of annuals. The one I got is called Acer palmatum Ruslyn in the Pink. It is very pretty and the right size and shape for the spot next to the front door.

I will be back with some more dumb ideas about your gift tree. Funny we were given by a group of friends back in the late 80's our first Japanese Maple as a gesture of support when we were going through a bad patch. It has grown into a nice small tree by our front walk and we have no idea of it's name either. Here it is. " Name that Tree" game continues. Patti