Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 89, 0 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 89

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 89
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. No rain down here but its freezing and there is a frost. I am not going out to look until the sun is up .
I managed to get all the spraying done yesterday afternoon. Now there will be plenty of room for the next crop of weeds . The iris are all losing a lot of their leaves now so I can spray right around them .
I have orchids coming out. Just in case you didnt hear me I HAVE ORCHID FLOWERS COMING .......
The one that flowered last year has 3 large flower stems and on that hubby bought for me years ago has on large flower stem. I am so excited. Maybe they have decided they love me after all.
Lots of jonquils opening. Some of the early wattles are nearly out too. My hellebores all have buds , the zygos are opening and my small gevillea has so many buds it is nearly falling over.
T e echiums are all flowering now so I wonder what they will do in spring when they are supposed to flower.
I am going to go mad with the hedge clippers today. The paths need clearing a bit, so look out any plants hanging about.
I hope Sue and everyone else up north are not getting washed away. It seems that there has been nothing but rain there for a very long time.
Chrissy, how is your garden faring ? Are you getting rain too ?
Hello Colleen. You definitely sound like you need some help there. I could send you a few elves but they all went on holiday after our carpet ride.
Anthony, you will get that lovely Kushi Maya bulb one day.
I hope my nepalise seeds grow to look like something like that beauty
Hello Teresa. I have some bracken fronds over my tender new salvias and cannas.
I was reading that the curly ends of new bracken are very good chopped up as a source of potash for plants. I told hubby, we need another trip into the bush to gather some.
I'll be doing the bush a favor by removing some of the bracken. It is a real pest around here , taking over lots of the bush .
Where once you could walk around and see small orchids and other native plants, now all one can see is bracken as tall as a person.
Hello Elaine, Karen, Pam, Dianne and anyone else out there shivering.
Hello Charleen . Hugs for Charley.
Louise we miss seeing you. Hope all is well at your place.
Have a warm cuppa and enjoy this lovely warm Gingerbread Cake.
Happy gardening.
Jean.