Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Bird Watching: Whopper - heading towards independence at a leisurely pace., 0 by MargaretK

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MargaretK

In reply to: Whopper - heading towards independence at a leisurely pace.

Forum: Bird Watching

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Whopper - heading towards independence at a leisurely pace.
MargaretK wrote:
Lily_love, the season may be beginning sooner than we thought. I certainly will pass on your thanks, but Madame X watches the thread herself, too.

Time sure does fly, Nanny. I can't believe I'm about to be watching my 4th season.

Kim, I know what you mean about caring for Big Hook as much as we all did for Old Ma Osprey. But things have been much more normal with Big Hook at the nest.

Thanks, duc. I have no doubt that Whopper will be fine out there on her own.

Well, when I was at the nest about 3 days ago, Big Hook was rearranging sticks, albeit in a very casual manner. Here's a very poor photo of her doing so. I've just received a call from Madame X to say that sticks are being brought to the nest. Both Dad and Big Hook spend almost all morning at the nest and yesterday she saw Dad snuggling down on the nest as if to gauge what needs to be done in preparation. It's not winter for another 3 days, so they are starting really early. I'll head off there this afternoon and will start a new thread if there's anything worth reporting.