Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Garden #98, 0 by plantladylin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plantladylin

In reply to: Tropical Garden #98

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Garden #98
plantladylin wrote:
Good morning everyone!

Debra: I can't wait to see a pic of that area once you get the big ears planted, It's going to look great! Re: Hummers, I saw two a bout 1 1/2 months ago and ran inside to clean and hang my hummer feeders ... haven't seen them since!

MJ: The Painted Buntings come to the feeders in early morning and late afternoon/early evening, I never see them any other times of the day. My bird book says they breed from Northern Brevard County northward along the St. Johns River and the Atlantic coastal counties. Numerous PB's over-winter in central and south Fla and most leave the state by late October and begin their return in mid April. The book also says that they build their nests at the end of a branch in spanish moss and eggs are laid from May to June.

ardesia: Yep, the first year juvenile/immature males look like the females with that drab greenish color. My camera is a Canon PowerShot SX20 IS. I have no clue what that means LOL. I don't know a thing about cameras or photography, I just want to point and shoot and have pictures come out clear. :-) I get real excited when I get a couple of decent shots out of the thousands and thousands I take. I still have a problem sometimes with accidently hitting a button on the camera and screwing up the settings. Then I have to wait for my husband to come home and fix it for me.

Female Northern Cardinal at a feeder this morning ... and since this is the Tropical "Plants" forum it shows Jasmine blooming in the background. :-)