Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 85, 0 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 85

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 85
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Still raining here. Not really heavy and its not too cold either. The sun did come out for a while yesterday and may later today.
Chrissy, we bought a large container of roundup 2 years ago and I think I have used more of it this year . I usually only have to go around once then just use a hand spray on the few stragglers, but with all the extra Spring/Summer rain, I have already done the darn things twice and looks like another go before winter sets in. One of the "joys" of gardening.
Anthony, I know exaxctly what you mean, re the powers that be, but we won't go into all the whys and wherefores here, as its a bit futile anyway.
Marlene, condolences on the death of your friend. Always sad , but sometimes a blessing for the one in pain.
Jean/moon, beautiful orchid. I am hoping for lots of flowers on mine this year.
Hello Charleen. I love the elephant.
I was a collector of elephants for many years and ended up with ones from all over the world, but sadly, due to circumstances at the time, I had to sell them all. I have a couple left but couldnt bring myself to start with them again. I now collect frog ornaments that live down in the shadehouse.
Hello Lois, lovely to see you in here. Pop back in when you can.
Teresa, Are you getting this rain too ? I think our gardens are all going to be lovely by the time Spring rolls around after all the growth put on . How did your wall end up ? Did you have it knocked down or is it still standing ?
Hello Karen, Colleen and Pam.
Louise , moving time is getting closer. I hope your weather turns on lots of sun for you.
I am going to get a few clivias planted out in the garden today and a few agapanthus out along the road edge of our place. It always looks a bit bare at the end, so the aggies will fill the space nicely and I dont have to water them at all.
Going to go and finish my cuppa now. .
I'll put something yummy out for nibbles. Have some of this Braided Fruit Loaf.
Enjoy your day whatever weather you have.
Jean.