Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, Jan-Feb 2011, 0 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, Jan-Feb 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts, Jan-Feb 2011
weed_woman wrote:
he he, no Karen, you are NOT addicted! he he. Nice kautskyi Wendy. I've got one grown hard, (no fertiliser) and in good light and it is not alot bigger than a mini and never flowered....yet. I also grew a Neo. 'Jewellery Shop' the same way and it still looks gorgeous, while another younger one I grew with fertiliser has flowered and produced pups. I plan to grow half the pups hard as I reckon they are awesome.
I spent sunday pottering with leisas plants too, and got quite a bit acheived, but didn't get a photo of it where i'm up to, but did take one in the morning before I got started. Its looking good, despite the evr present mess from the gum trees. I have a plan in mind to string out shade cloth that will catch the leaves and branches, and hopefully they'll all slide off onto the grass, where I can mow them or rake them. Takes a bit of working out though, and I may have to put in some posts to connect the shade cloth to, because the trees aren't quite in the right spot.
ok, photo time. This is the only one, as when i tried to take pics this morning, they were blurry because of the low light and rain. I will try again tomorrow though. I've relocated the A. gamosepala and Billbergias from around the bandicoot log, and also I repotted the young A. recurvatas and variety benrathiis which are now down in the new Aechmea garden, which is ALMOST finished. I realised over the weekend, that almost everywhere you look there is a bromeliad or two...or three....or four! he he. I'm out of control!
Sue

This message was edited Feb 14, 2011 8:02 PM