Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Hanging in there- part 4, 0 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: Hanging in there- part 4

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hanging in there-  part 4
billyporter wrote:
Chris, I too look longingly at the lovely long lanes and private farm houses, till it snows a couple feet :o) I am a town girl!

I'm glad you get to be in, looking out the windows. I'm feeling that way too. It's cold and windy, but we just had dry flurries yesterday. What blew in also blew out.

Almost all the country roads "boiled'' this spring. They turned to powder and looked like they erupted or something. The guys we hired from the next town has their machinery stored in the country and couldn't get it out. Since the driveway is next to a walnut tree, it got too late to have them do anything. The walnut also dropped leaves earlier than usual, and then there are the thin sticks that come down, and a stray walnut or few the squirrels knock out of the tree. We're hoping this April to get it in. Since they will have to put dirt somewhere, my garden is elected. I have no idea how long it will take to get anything put back. I'll have to be careful on what I plant. At least the radish and such will be gone by the time tomatoes need to go out.

I myself am looking forward to the driveway, so it's a small time out.

Ric, we all have snow dreams :o) Bit by bit, I've seen that you do live in house beautiful! At least yard beautiful! One thing I learned on Dave's, was housework isn't important :o) Get the worst out of the way and you don't see the rest.

FlowAjen, I love your snowmen! Especially the Frosty dolls!

Nuts, nope! I collect snowglobes, but don't have a roomfull.... yet. I just got 4 new ones. Three are small, one medium sized.

Here's a couple.