Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Can anyone with a Blue Spruce question, 0 by chrysies

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright chrysies

Subject: Can anyone with a Blue Spruce question

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Can anyone with a Blue Spruce question
chrysies wrote:
Hi there everyone. I am reposting this, I got a comment but I didn't get an answer last week...maybe there is someone on now that can help...The hubby and I have been to Erica and Walhalla last weekend and where we stayed at the Mt Erica B & B, down Gippsland way, there was this large 20ft+ Blue Spruce. The proprietor showed us this Blue Spruce that has, what she called her Christmas decorations, atop of the tree. She said that she doesn't know why it is different up top and I don't know if it has been like it before, so, I said I would check here with the clever people on this site and ask, if anyone knows why the top of the tree is different to the rest of the tree. Could they be immature pine cones and if so, why are they not all over the tree? I will post 2 pictures, the top and the bottom and you will see what I mean by the different adornments at the top. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to be able to let Robyn know. Thanks in advance. Cheers