Northeast Gardening: Happy Birthday RCN48!!!, 0 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: Happy Birthday RCN48!!!

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Happy Birthday RCN48!!!
rcn48 wrote:
Awww...thank you for the birthday wishes :) Yes, sadly I have been MIA for a long time, not only the NE forum but DG as well. I have been so busy all summer with my new "love", working with concrete! I finished my first project by the end of September, just finished my second this weekend, a birthday present to myself, and I've got three more projects in the initial stages in my new workshop in the basement. It's going to be a long winter and I'm prepared to keep busy inside when the weather prevents me from being outside! A few of you have seen this but for those that haven't, this is the hollow concrete sphere that kept me busy this summer!

Patti, you're sweet to ask :) Rick's back is worse than ever but Phoebe is wonderful and loving her new sister, Lucy, who joined the family a year ago. The "water feature" is still on hold, I've been too busy with other projects! I have been thinking about it lately though as I have an idea for another concrete sculpture which would be perfect hanging out beside the "stream". I think Rick has convinced me that a 'dry' stream might be a more realistic approach but that doesn't mean I can't figure out a way to incorporate a fountain - I just want the sound of water! LOL

Thanks again for thinking of me and I'll have to visit more often and keep you posted on my projects :)