Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #76, 0 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #76

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  #76
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
I should say good windy morning. The wind came up in the night and I hope it blows away the forecast rain for Sunday. I don't want to be standing around at the Show in the rain. People won't come and I'll sell nothing.
Kat, you poor thing. You need a very large dog I think. Train it to eat turkeys. It would be a great disappointment to lose all those lovely gingers etc. Feel free to send a few turkeys to Karen, I will happily forgo my share of them for her.
Karen,glad you enjoyed the day with your daughter. I have leaves here if you want some. Always ready to share. Gum trees shed leaves and twigs here all year round.
Anthony , take it easy and have a good rest over the weekend. Sit and think of all the lovely lilium flowers you will soon have.
Elaine, I went to Bunnings yesterday in Mt Gambier and found 2 orphan lavenders which are very pretty . I also popped in K mart and found 4 small polyanthus and two cordylines for just a few dollars.
Lots of other plants but not many orphans.
Teresa, lovely peony. I gave up on them. They just wont grow here. May be the soil or the awful water. I enjoy them in other gardens now , like yours.
Hello Colleen. I see a few of the opium poppies coming up here . Looks like a poor year for them this year.
I will have to wait and see as more could come up as the ground dries out and the weather warms.
I only ever get the pink and the purple with a mix of singles and big fluffy ones. I have thrown seed around from other colors but they have never appeared. Mine originally just appeared in the garden about 7 years ago. I had never planted any at all. Same with the californian poppies. I have millions of the lovely orange but never a sign of the other colors. I have thrown seeds around from heaps of plants but never see them . Anything that self seeds here grows well but appaerntly new seeds give up and disappear. I have tried growing them as seedlings then planting out but they still disappear.
Would you believe I threw about 5 packets of zinnias around and have never even seen one grow.
I love them with their vibrant colors.
Someone sent me some hollyhock seeds which did grow. Well 6 of them did anyway. They flowered last year and have grown even bigger this year.
I just have to be satisfied with what does grow.
Louise, hope those girls are enjoying life back in Florida. Enjoy your trip.
Hello to anyone else out there. I am off out to see what the wind has done to the iris. Nothing, I hope, as they are sheltered from the worst of our north winds.
Have a great weekend and enjoy your gardens. I hope the sun shines for you all.
Have some yummy Chocolate Cupcakes.
Happy gardening . Jean.