Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: FALL CHORES. What Is it YOU hate to dobut have to???, 0 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: FALL CHORES. What Is it YOU hate to dobut have to???

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of FALL CHORES.  What Is it YOU hate to dobut have to???
Gitagal wrote:
Roses......

Cleaning out the shed has been on my "to-do" list every year for 5 years now....Still haven't done it!
same goes for washing all the windows on my house---I think that is going on 5 years as well....

The mind is willing----BUT.......

Only things I have to dig up are some Cannas....planted in about 4 different places...
It is dealing with my big Brugs that is scaring me....They have grown SOOO big this Summer!
I know i will be trimming the stems back before I take them in my crowded basement....
This chore can hit suddenly--on any given day--when they announce a light frost is coming....
Talk about hustling.....
This is a bittersweet thing to have to do--as in October, most of my Brugs have had the best flush of blooms.
It hurts to have to cut them all off....
I have 2 large Hemlocks left to trim yet also. Already did my 2 large Junipers....4 lg. bags of trimmings going to the curb tonight for recycle p/u.

Glad for this cooler weather we are having....a nice change of pace....

Here are the Junipers....The one on the left is done--the one on the right still not. This was in August...
I hand-trim every branch with my pruning shears....talk about tired!

You can see one of the Hemlocks on the left...the taller bush.

This message was edited Sep 6, 2010 8:24 AM