Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 72, 0 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

Subject: TEA ROOM # 72

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM  # 72
77sunset wrote:
Its Spring. I thought we needed a fresh start so here we are back up the track again. The photo is part of my garden this morning in the rain. The blossom is stating and the wallflowers are out with the daffies. In another part it's not so pretty. Hubby said this morning did I hear anything loud in the night ? I said no , so he said look outside. We have ( did have) two old pine trees at the back of the driveway. They were here long before hubby ever came. This morning , half of one tree is now upside down on the ground. Completely flattened the fence and the cootamundra wattle . A very big job to clean up. Luckily no damage to anything else. We now have to watch the other carefully as it is next to the garage. The trees have been slowly dying for many years and it was time for this one to fall. One sees these old half dead pines everywhere in the district. A leftover relic of the earlier pioneers with their lack of foresight. They ripped out thousands of beautiful old red gums and planted the pines everywhere.
Oh well , this will keep hubby busy for quite a while, cutting the darn thing up , then we have to rescue the fence.
Better get out in the kitchen and have a cuppa while I see what I can find for you all to nibble on. Have a great day.
Nearly forgot...we came from here ....http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1122883/
Happy Spring
Jean.

This message was edited Sep 1, 2010 9:02 AM