Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Best hydrangea for growing zone 6b, 0 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Best hydrangea for growing zone 6b

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Best hydrangea for growing zone 6b
Gitagal wrote:
junebug.....

I have an Endless Summer Hydrangea and it is so pretty. Don't have any deer here--so I don't know...

It was pink when I bought it 4 years ago--but I have been fertilizing it with acid stuff (Coffee grinds, Espoma Hollytone, Aluminum Sulfate, etc..) and this Spring, it actually bloomed blue. Last year it was still a mix of pink and blue....and the year before that--it was all pink. I hope next Spring it will be a deeper blue. I need to put something on it...get lazy about this kind of stuff....
I am not sure about the 'endless" (bloom) part. It may throw some more blooms, randomly, later on, but pretty much--the Spring bloom is it.

As for the size--I do not know--as mine is planted on the corner of a bed right were it turns to go unto my Patio.
Like right now--when the new growth is popping up all over--I have to cut some of it back--or I could not walk past it.
I try to keep it about 3' h and 4'w.

This is from June of this year. You can see the walkway and my dilemma....Opposite it is the Hosta "August Lily"--which at this time is half way all over the sidewalk as well....