Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: HOW big of a Hole??, 0 by RottedRoots

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright RottedRoots

In reply to: HOW big of a Hole??

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of HOW big of a Hole??
RottedRoots wrote:
Not likely my Mainiac friend!! Knowing of your quarries and the nick-name of your neighboring state I'm gonna pass. When the glaciers came through they pushed the rocks right out of Maine and left them in my backyard anyway.

I did dig a couple of fine holes tonight though!! I plan on adding some grafted Paw Paw next spring and they are noted for a long tap root. So I HAVE to dig a good hole to give that tap a place to go!!

I actually have a plan to fool them Sherri. I left a big pile of NATIVE soil next to todays X2 holes but really amended the remaining with rotted seaweed and a barrow of compost. I figure when I plant next spring I'm gonna plant it in pure native soil but if it gets though the wall of native into the good stuff than it won't be able to help loving it. That way I can still dig a $5.00 hole but plant in just plain ole dirt.

PS.. I'm having some drainage issues in one location and Gypsum is not gonna do it so I'm going deep!! I'll beat this hole! The hole in the pic now has three bushels of seaweed in it. I'm gonna rot through the hardpack. *&^%^