Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Identification Please, 0 by Delightful_Dawn

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Delightful_Dawn

Subject: Identification Please

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Identification Please
Delightful_Dawn wrote:
I dug this up last night to rescue it from a bulldozer. The lot next to me will have a house built on it and they are clearing everything out.

This look so different. Like its a Fern Tree. Does anyone know WHAT it is?

I appreciate it.

Now back to the rescue attempts. Over 1000 irises saved and more to go and an oddball assortment of all kinds of stuff. I'm wearing myself out but I don't want the dozer to get them.

I drove home with a load of groceries yesterday and the dozer was there and active. I flung my car in park and left it running as I jumped out and ran to it. I felt like one of those activist in the movies! I got him to stop like a foot short of two iris beds. He had plenty of smallish trees he could yank out and fling around. So he was happy. As soon as he left I emptied those two beds.

Anybody live near SW OK? Come dig and take your finds. D-Mail me. Time is getting short and they are chomping at the bit. I can lift about 7 walmart bags of iris in an 1 1/2 hour setting. That is alot of iris.

Dawn