Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Spring Swap at Becky's - Chit Chat

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring Swap at Becky's - Chit Chat
Gitagal wrote:
Funny, Jill----
I plan to give my Epis a lot more sunshine this Summer--as that's what I thought was missing.....Why they haven't bloomed.....I was keeping them under my patio roof in filtered light.....Not fertilizing enough--or with the right stuff...
Besides--IF i have had to wait 4 or 5 years to see a bloom that only lasts one night--I need to have my head examined! At this point--it is time for "Good Bye!"...............

SO? What did you do to get them to bloom????? Give!

You go ahead and give away yours now--if you want.....I will post mine on Craig's List or put it in out local "Pennysaver"---OR----give it away to anyone that wants it.....

I do not have emotional attachments to most plants.....They are "just" plants.....If they don't perform, I will bide my time--do all I can--keep them healthy and growing--BUT, then comes the time when i say--"I've had it! Hasta la Vista!" Time to go!

That's what I am trying to do now. It is NOT the only plant I have to say "you better! or else!" to. Right now--
the other one is my Camellia.....It is getting cut back to hard wood tomorrow.....in hopes it will regenerate and re-grow to be as beautiful as it used to be....
I have exhausted all help from MikeQ (my cCamellia expert) and he agrees! i have done all I can---and now is the time to cut it back.

SO!!!! Anyone want Camellia "Bob Hope" cuttings????? IF you know how to root them--let me know NOW!
! I will bring them to the Swap. Should be a slew of cuttings.....I am cutting this shrub back to hard wooden stems....
Gonna get rid of all the soil and old mulch below it---spray everything well with Daconil and hope it re-grows for the second time this season....Will use up a lotof the Coffee grinds and pine straw and keep my fingers crossed.....

NOT giving up on this shrub! For this one--I DO have an emotional attachment......more for the person who told me I should buy it about 10 years ago at HD....He said--"This one is perennial--buy it!" I did!
He was a customer--his mane was Bernie--and he died less than a year later.....Same man who gave me my Wintersweet Shrub.....aka--"Bernies Bush".....I owe him.....

See? I lied! I DO get emotional about some plants! Mostly--if they are tied to a person I knew and appreciated....

Gita