Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: What is happening in your Garden Today?, 0 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: What is happening in your Garden Today?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What is happening in your Garden Today?
rcn48 wrote:
Not much time to write this morning but I'm so excited and I have to post a quick update! I was "bad" yesterday and worked in the garden :( BUT, the good part about the "bad" is I got so much done! I'll be posting pictures soon on the "Projects" thread of my new 'Welcome Garden' :) I was thrilled when Rick dug the huge hole I needed to plant my Forest Pansy Redbud in the new garden, even planted a Spirea and 'Dallas Blue' Panicum designated for this garden and I was anxious to get everything else started. I had no idea I would get so much accomplished yesterday but I redesigned my "plan" early yesterday morning and by noon I had the willow chair in place, the post up with the birdhouse and fence attached and was ready to start planting. We were supposed to load the truck yesterday afternoon but Rick said with the rain coming I should get as much planted as I could - yay!!! I still have more plants to add but by the end of the day I was watering in everything I planted and even got it all mulched :) Obviously it doesn't look "quite" like this because the gold Smokebush on the right is only 6" tall right now! Plus I still need to make my Clay Pot Lady, that chair is looking a little lonely right now! LOL So this morning we're loading the truck, taking off this afternoon and I'll be back on Sunday and try to get pictures to show you.

Gita, I LOVE Brushwood! Dan's supposed to be at the Maymont sale this weekend and I'm anxious to see what he has with him, he always has great plants :) I want to plant a Clematis at the base of the post and this is his last year exhibiting in Virginia before moving to Georgia so I want to get something now!