Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: My 2 little Easter Eggs! , 0 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: My 2 little Easter Eggs!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My 2 little Easter Eggs!
Gitagal wrote:
OK! I took a picture--while i am on this topic.....

You can see the two that have been engraved. Latvian designs are very geometric, and to me--resemble many of the Inca designs....
Look at the egg that is not engraved! Do you see a dandelion leaf and the impression left on it by a Grape Hyacinth bloom?
It is the portion the TOUCHES the egg that will come through in the design.
Harder, or stiffer leaves (like a Juniper or some other evergreen) will leave amazing "footprints" og the parts that touched the egg shell. You NEVER know how amazing something will come out!

In one of the above pictures--you can see an egg where I just tied a string around it. See the pattern?

Hope you "play with this" sometimes. It DOES NOT have to be Easter! You can do it any time!
Start saving all those dry skins off your onions! And--BTW--red onion skins still come through brown when cooked.....

As far as I know--only the Baltic Countries (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania) use this method of coloring Easter eggs.
Each one does it differently.
Perhaps you could Google Onion Skin Easter Eggs and see what comes up. Wikipedia should have something on these...

Again---Gita

Gita