Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Its Spring!, 0 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Its Spring!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Its Spring!
Gitagal wrote:
Here are my purple/white Datura seedlings. The purple/white ones seem to germinate better than the double yellows. I think they are a bit hardier.....
Te Yellow ones are lagging behind a bit-----I may need to soak/germinate a few extras--as I have people I have promised these to....

Everything is doing OK! I am happy!
Remember the problems I had last year? Threw all my Tomato seedlings out--as well as having "issues" with everything else???
I now think I did them all in myself---just trying to apply what people recommended.....and NOT being careful.
I believe I 'did them in" by spraying with too strong a solution of H2O2. NOT gonna spray with anything this year!!!!

As you can see--I DID adopt David's suggestion of putting smithereens of Sphagnum Moss on top of all the mix to act as a natural fungicide.
Didn't see any harm in it.......AND--I found a BIG bag of it from years ago--(maybe 7 or 8) rescued from containers of orchids at HD when they were being tossed.....LOTS of good, dry Sphagnum Moss.....
Rubbed it really good and sifted it through a regular colander.....Works for me!