Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: This years order from Silver Star Vinery, 0 by Carolyn22

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Carolyn22

In reply to: This years order from Silver Star Vinery

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of This years order from Silver Star Vinery
Carolyn22 wrote:
Kathy -

Mme Julia is 5 years old. She is planted at a 45 degree angle and an inch or two deeper than what she was in her little pot. She is one of my clems that really got me into clems. I think my Ville de Lyon is about the same age and my Jackmanii are 6 or 7 years old, although my Jackmanii were in larger pots as was Comtesse du Bouchard.

I love the Montanas, so I thought I would experiment. She is against the house as you can see and what you cannot see in my photo is that my dryer vent is about 4 feet to the left of the little pergola that Mayleen is growing on. I was hoping that I had enough of a microclimate to ensure a plant full of flowers. If I can do it in my zone - you can too..

I am not opposed to new people. I think that is how we all learn - we were all new once.

I also love to see everyone elses' pictures. Dan - I love Rosa Rosanna with the purple clem... very pretty.

Here is Comtesse du Bouchard - I am thinking of moving Negritianka next to CDB. Right now Negritianka is to the right of CDB by several feet. I think Negritianka would set off the agastache and CDB... your thoughts?