Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Annuals: Rudbeckias, 0 by Tropicanna

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Tropicanna

In reply to: Rudbeckias

Forum: Annuals

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Rudbeckias
Tropicanna wrote:
Karen, I love nicotianas and that is a really sweet planting! I love snapdragons, too, I have always bought the plants though. I'm still pretty much a beginner gardener and failed so much with annual seeds when I started gardening that I nearly gave up on annuals and seeds entirely until I tried wintersowing. I have been meaning to pick up some snapdragon seeds to try so thanks for reminding me :)

amorecuore, those are the prettiest petunias ever, what an amazing blue! That's a lot of work but it does pay off, everything looks great. "Low maintenance tropicals" are treated as annuals here ...lol! But I do grow what tropicals I can get away with here, serious zone envy to be able to have color year round :) I do need more annuals during the growing season to add color with all the big leaved foliage plants, you folks on this forum really show off some nice plants.

this is the only gaillardia picture I have, Sundance, the first I grew from seed last year. Gaillardias are naturalized on the coast of NC where I grew up, I thought they were sandspurs because they tend to grow in the same areas and did not like that plant for the longest time! I appreciate them now though