Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: Houseplant Collection for 2010 - Part 2 , 0 by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: Houseplant Collection for 2010 - Part 2

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Houseplant Collection for 2010 - Part 2
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
I know that feeling!

Got a thirty year old. 5 years ago she got the West Nile. She survived. Vet said it was a miracle at her age of 25 as most horses he was hearing about or seeing at her age had or would have died. Well she bounced back ok up until last year when she lost her teeth and then derned near starved herself to death. She got down to the point of one leg over the threshold on deaths door. Took nearly a year to get 200 lbs + back on that old hoss! Now shes feeling like a 4 year old! I have had her over 27 years. Thats a long tome to go through thick and thin with anyone no less an animal!

The stallion is her son. We have several of her grand daughters and a couple that are not related. All gaiters except for a mini and the donkey. The pony is 23 if you beleive his paper.. I dont. I think hes more like 35 because his paper does not match him. Got another mare thats 23, a 15, an 11, a couple 4 year olds, 2 that are 5 and the burro is 7. there papers dont lie. The old mare is papered honest too.

Heres the old girl a couple weeks ago.. last year she looked horrible. No one beleives that its the same horse! But it is! When they get old they do not masticate or matabolize food like they did when younger and when they run into teeth trouble things go bad in a hurry and it did with her. Picture her emaciated thats how bad she was. She is still rideable. You have to work harder at keeping the right diet woth her and a horse can lose 100 lbs easy in a weekends time if the stress is there. Now everyone wants to know how we saved her bacon! LOL! It twernt easy but it was a labor of love and we have her still gaining.