Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Garden #59, 0 by plantladylin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plantladylin

In reply to: Tropical Garden #59

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Garden #59
plantladylin wrote:
Hey Tropic: They look good to me! I love the little interesting purple flower with no ID, very pretty ... and that last one, the yellow noid is lovely as well. I have no idea what they are but they are very pretty, so I'd say they are fitting for this tropical thread!

Gee, it is amazingly COLD here in central Florida. It got down to 35ºF last night and it's still only 37º outside! The next four or five nights we are expected to have the coldest weather we've seen in ten years, with night time temperatures in the 20's and low 30's! Brrrr!

Yesterday I moved a lot of plants into the unheated Florida room (enclosed porch). Even though that room is not heated, it gives some protection from cold weather. I had my husband move the large plants that were around the pool over to the covered deck and I put blankets over everything. He hung a heavy tarp on the north side and also one at the other end, which will help keep some warmth in and the cold winds out.

We covered a few things in the yard too but I went out about 7:30 this morning to fill the bird feeders and found I had forgotten to cover the large potted Epiphyllum oxypetalum that is sitting on the north side of the house! It will be moved onto the deck today where I will throw a blanket over it in hopes of saving it from the freezing temperatures.

This is a picture I just took of plants crammed into one end of the Florida room: