Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Happy New Year!, 0 by lovelyiris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovelyiris

In reply to: Happy New Year!

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Happy New Year!
lovelyiris wrote:
Bonjon boy can I relate to you. Because of this terrible pain I have to lay down on a heating pad for about an hour before I go to bed each night. I suffer from just about anything and everything there is to do with back and leg pain. I have Restless Leg Syndrom also. The medicine they gave me worked wonderfully the first couple of months. Then the side effects of the medicine became worse than the original problems so I stopped taking it.

Now I take an Aleve in the morning and one at night about 3 0 minutes before I try to go to sleep and it helps more than anything else with no side effects to speak of. I lay on the heating pad on my lower back, and another thing I've been doing for over a year now is to give myself a rub down with one of those long handled hand massagers. I do my hips and both legs while I'm watching something I enjoy on T.V. Then when I'm finished I just put my ankle on it on the bed for about 10 minutes and let it shake out all the kinks that I might have missed. THis has the same effect of the machine they want over $300 for to set your feet on and relax your whole body. I just figured I'd save that money and yet get the same overall effect/workout.

I've had arthuritis for years from playing all kinds of sports all my life. Then tack on top of that gardening and let's just say I have no good body parts left. There is something wrong with all of the joints from over use throughout the many years I thought I had to be involved in some kind of sport or activity. Stack on top of that years of dancing and I can now see that my abused body didn't ever stand a chance.

There are only 2 positions that I can garden now and they both kill me by the end of the day.
1. I bend over at the waist and plant flowers or pull weeds nearly standing on my head. Do not bend knees or squat.
2. Set on my little garden buddy and roll up and down the flowerbeds and pull weeds, plant stuff, or whatever I can
that way. No matter which I do by the end of the day I can't straighten up and it takes a few minutes to get my back to even half way start to work again. But I'm not going to let any of this interfer with my gardening. Because that's what brings me great joy and keeps me sane if there is such a thing. LOL

I'll be glad when spring gets here. Then we can all forget these achs and pains and spend hours and hours out in our gardens. So here's to everyone having a wonderful New Year filled with nothing but happiness and tons of flowers.

Love My Iris Family Here more than you will ever know.
Marian

I think this is High Master but don't hold me to it. LOL