Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hybridizers: 'Cherry Profusion' Zinnia from Seed?, 0 by kastrol

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kastrol

Subject: 'Cherry Profusion' Zinnia from Seed?

Forum: Hybridizers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of 'Cherry Profusion' Zinnia from Seed?
kastrol wrote:
Hi Everyone!
I collected ALOT of seeds from the 10 'Cherry Profusion' Zinnia plants I bought at the nursery this spring. Though I have been gardening for years, I am new at collecting seeds and trying to grow them. It says in the plant files under
Seed Collecting N/A: plant does not set seed, flowers are sterile, or plants will not come true from seed. Under
Propagation Methods: It gives you various ways to start from seed. This has always confused me when I look up any flower for this information in the plant files. Is the propagation method only for seeds bought at a store and not collected from plants you grew yourself? I don't care if the seeds grow Zinnia that are not exactly the same.....I just would like to know if they will grow at all???? Am I waisting my time collecting and cleaning and planting?
If anyone could answer the question about the zinnia and/or explain the plant file info to me it would be greatly appreciated!!! To those of you that know all about seed planting this may seem like a silly question, but to a novice like myself when it comes to this area I feel clueless.
Thanks if anyone could please help me!!!!
Happy Holidays to All!!!!
Terri

Picture of some of the Zinnia.....