Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Annuals: Impatiens for 2010 - Anyone?!, 0 by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: Impatiens for 2010 - Anyone?!

Forum: Annuals

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Impatiens for 2010 - Anyone?!
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
Polarized? No, the governMENTS walk around with blinders on. What happens Jon in some, when things are going good elsewhere they think its going that way everywhere and they fail to reach out and they fail to recognize the continuing situations of others.. Until you have entered a poverty stricken area and felt and held the hands and literally hugged someone there first hand, you cannot garner any idea of what is going on. You have no clue as to the realities. Poverty is not a racial issue, its an every person issue. It knows no bonds at times and it knows people of all ages and colors and sometimes even people of upper educations and upper class when they too fall from their ranks.. Oh, eeks, forgot, we dont wanna talk about it its too, um.. discusting, yeah, too disgusting to reach out to hold someone who is a leoper of our fine society. Perhaps your right Jon, lets just sweep it under a rug not talk about it and maybe that will cure it because the government sure isnt.

Here, let me open eyes even wider...

http://www.feedthechildren.com

(I hope I have that website correct. Because this time of year its very heartbreaking. I have talked to people on this crew. What a fine bunch!)

While people like you and I enjoy talking about impatiens.. lets take a trip to the dark side.

What scary Jon is when a government is too poor to help her own people. Now thats a government that is polarized. And who is the government Jon??? As I recall, it in my country it states something like WE THE PEOPLE. Trouble is, my country has gotten pretty dang lazy. Could it be from lack of work? Theres a bunch out there that are like leaches too, just sucking up and draining the system. We have a sad portion of society that is of the GIMME generation. They do anything to thwart the system, get out of paying taxes or do their fair share and try to haul it in all for themselves. Self serving selfishness is what it is Jon and they care nothing about anyone else but themselves. It has nothing to do with politics. Its their way of life.

If you go to that website, tell us all about what you saw.You probably will not go because you dont want to talk about it. I prefer to talk about it and become part of the solution.

And while Im twidling my thumbs growing impatiens or dianthus and or paperwhites in the house, I wish they were food stock, but regret I have technical difficulties doing that this time of year.

EDIT>>>>>>>
I stand corrected the above addie is incorrect, here is the correct one.

http://www.FeedTheChildren.org.

Last year over 183 MILLION pounds of food was delivered from this organization to people in the 50 states and some international. Now thats doing something.

My hats off to them.

This message was edited Dec 16, 2009 4:37 PM