Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Fall Bulb Planting in the Midatlantic, 0 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Fall Bulb Planting in the Midatlantic

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fall Bulb Planting in the Midatlantic
HollyAnnS wrote:
Talk about those blue and yellow combos. I remember seeing a pic somewhere (probably here in DG) with a big bed of yellow daffs growing with blue forget me nots. Just beautiful.
WOW Stormy you are really going to town and those pics from last year look great. I took notice of your dibbler at Critters. That is one nice tool.
Sally I had one of those augers years ago wish I knew what happened to it. Bet your son would have a good time with that.
I really like the idea of planting crocus bulbs with the daffs and tulips as a marker.
I planted quite a few daffs in that new bed down by the veggie garden. Mostly they came from the daff swap and most will be yellow daffs as I didn't have any in that area. I also picked up a few extra doubles and mixed colors for that bed. I am still planting daffs and crocus that I got from Critter. She added quite a few bulbs for me along with her order. I planted some of them last week but there are more to be planted.
I still don't have all my computer info back so I'm not sure which one this is. Last year in one of the DG Bulb Co-ops I noticed a fall blooming bulb. Well here it is blooming right now. I had never known that there were fall blooming bulbs like these.