Photo by Melody

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Congratualations Photo Contest Winners!!!, 0 by VA_Wild_Rose

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright VA_Wild_Rose

In reply to: Congratualations Photo Contest Winners!!!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Congratualations Photo Contest Winners!!!
VA_Wild_Rose wrote:
LOL... While that is one of my own personal favorites from this summer, I simply cannot complain about the outcome. My photography has improved since joining DG and I have consistently moved up in the ranks of each DG photo contest since 2007, when I first entered it. When you enter a typical photo contest, your work is judged by a select few or maybe even one judge. Here at DG, the contest is judged by my peers, the membership. It has always been my own personal rule to NEVER vote for my own work... I don't even look at it when judging. Then, when and if I win or place, it is because the membership truly appreciated and maybe even liked my work... and THAT makes me feel good!

Onewish1, I voted for your blue jay too... it was a perfect winter photograph and moment!

I would like to share one thing... I was surprised that "The Green Man" did so well... only because the photo submitted was basically unedited... as Dave prefers for this contest. But he looks ssoooo much better with some dress-up in PhotoShop!

Thanks again for the compliments!