Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Roof photos today... or .......... Brugs Galore, 0 by GordonHawk

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GordonHawk

In reply to: Roof photos today... or .......... Brugs Galore

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Roof photos today...  or .......... Brugs Galore
GordonHawk wrote:
Well..here's the roof..cool room for this year... as it is filled now...and only a dozen or so brugs left to precess into it or send out .. maybe 80' in height worth of plants..yet to go
this year it's just foam pannels.. where last year the pannels were attached with metal studdng and the walls/ceilings were thickened to 2" foam.. up from
1 1/2 "which I had used with the metal studding.. this gives a wall/ ceiling R value of about
R-20
I should be able to heat it with a light.. but we'll use the heater from last year along with a light... and we'll recycle the walls into planters and garden accessories in the spring..and perhaps a ponds walls..and fountain..
The ceiling pannels are hung on a ridge beam.. attached at it's ends to the planters.. the buildng hangs on this and is held down with a floor of plants.. the blue foam doesn't have the light transmission the pink foam of last year did so I'll not have to coat it to keep it dark inside.. it has one big door this year..where last year there was a doubledoor.. the door uses some steel along the egde to provideattachmment of thedoor hardware.. and wood strips are used on the walls to keep the pannels working together in highwinds... we've had 40 mph winds so far..and brisk 35 mph winds in the rain storm a fewdays ago..so far so good