Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Gloriosa lily seedlings, 0 by cici77

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cici77

Subject: Gloriosa lily seedlings

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Gloriosa lily seedlings
cici77 wrote:
hello everyone... i planted gloriosa lily seeds back in the beginning of oct.... well now i have 7 to 9 seedlings... the tallest being 4 to 5 inches tall ... my question is.. does anyone know how long it takes to develope the tumberous root???? also will these die down to the ground like tulips and irises? or do they keep their green leaves year round? the pot i have them in looks a little over-crowded now, i planted a bunch in one pot assuming some would be duds, but everyone of them sprouted.. some seven sprouted two seperate stems below is a pic of them before two more sprouted and the tallest one in the pic now has two sets of leaves... when would be a good time to seperate them into their own pots? or should i put them all in one big pot? one more question... when do i need to start supporting them as a vine? i know , a whooooole lot of questions... if anyone can answer any or all of these it would be of great help!!! thanx alot!!!!
chrissy