Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Buried alive, or how not to display heucheras for fall, 0 by StPaulPeg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright StPaulPeg

In reply to: Buried alive, or how not to display heucheras for fall

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Buried alive, or how not to display heucheras for fall
StPaulPeg wrote:
I have some green/yellow lamium (no pictures) in the same bed as Georgia Peach. If Georgia makes it through the winter, I'll move some of the lamium closer. There's a crimson barberry nearby, a purplish polenium and a razor's edge hosta during the gowing season (with reddish petioles) so some contrast might be nice.

How about a turtlehead behind Melting fire? This is the first year for this melting fire for me - last year's didn't make it through the winter, so I'm not sure yet whether this is really an annual in Minnesota.

Here's a picture from farther back of the Carmel. I think they would look better off hanging a little over the rock border, with a clump of bergenia behind, between the rhododendron and the arbor vita.

I know all these things will get buried, too, but at least there may be little bits that peak through. I have all winter to plan this out.

This message was edited Nov 8, 2009 7:26 PM