Northeast Gardening: Iris, 0 by weedyseedy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weedyseedy

In reply to: Iris

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Iris
weedyseedy wrote:
I bought Immortality a few years ago. The first year it didn't bloom at all so I got peevish and moved it-------------yanked it out and stuck it back in my woods beds I should say. Since my flower beds grow by kind of muddled increments I added to the area by digging out nettles,blackberries, poison ivy, and chopping down another tree or two. then added Wild Horses because I didn't know where else to put it. Darn thing bloomed beautifully last Spring so I planted forget-me-not seeds around it-Immortality that is, but no show this Fall. Wild horses was pretty good and some columbine self sowed from somewhere and the nasturtiums across the path invaded the area as well as the coreopsis. Then I bought a Hemerocallis minor and that ended up back there. Yesterday a nice gal on the daylily forum shipped me some seeds and a couple of fans of Lemon Lily and that went next to the species lily with the intent next Spring of starting a family of fragrant yellow early daylilies possibly from a clone of a species not used before, but who knows? Someone may have grown seeds not purely propagated from it, although it is listed as from collected seeds. Meanwhile I added kniphofia (sp?) across the path and a mess of self sown daylilies are beginning to take hold down the path. There are also nine or ten seedling daylilies forming clumps that will bloom next summer and the first siblings were reds that I've posted before somewhere , so, all in all next year looks promising if I can figure out what to plant next.----------------------Weedy