Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Adenium, 0 by PurePlants

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright PurePlants

In reply to: Adenium

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Adenium
PurePlants wrote:
Thanks everybody!!

Sylvain, I received my seeds from a U.S. seller on Ebay, I'd have to go back through my e-mail to see the name...

I read Wilfred's article for the first time today, I love the way he explained things and all the pictures!!! He really has a green thumb! I wish I would have seen his post when I first started. I have only tried to grow Adenium from seed one time and I don't think I had one seed that did not sprout! I have had a couple pass on due to over watering during a rainy period but I can count on one hand how many I've lost. I originally started off with 4 of the 3" sqare pots, filled it 3/4 full of a fast draining mix of Jungle grow, peat and vermeculite. I sprinkled the seeds over the mix and then lightly covered the seeds with a layer of vermeculite. Once they sprouted and had a few leaves I transplanted them all to their own 3" square containers. While transplanting, there were seedlings that never surfaced growing underneath but I still transplanted them and they ended up fine. There have been a good handful that has grown faster than most and I have already begun to raise the caudex some. REALLY cool plant if you ask me!!!