Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Florida Gardening: Pictures of the day - 12, 0 by jazmom

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jazmom

In reply to: Pictures of the day - 12

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Pictures of the day - 12
jazmom wrote:
Arlene,
yes, it is sad about Mrs. Lynx. but I believe it's good karma to care about other beings. sometimes wild things just need a bit of kindness from us! here is a baby squirrel (approx 4 wks old) I found this morning. her nest had fallen from an oak tree above my driveway. when I found her two of my cats were trying to decide which of them would get the 'prize'. I scooped her up and called wildlife rehab. at 7:30 on a sunday morn I found myself having a very informative conversation with a woman named Liz. she suggested that I put the nest and baby in a box and wait to see if the mom returned for it. so I put it on an 8 ft ladder next to the tree. and sure enough...4 hours later mom claimed the kid and hopefully all will live happily ever after. (and hopefully will not dig up my plants or eat the powersteering wires of my car, like her ancestors have done). the photo is not the best. I was nervous and I only had one shot...'cause the little thing woke up.
soooo...hope some of the baby spiders survive. in fact I'm sure some will. oh, and that's a nice looking arrangement!
maura

This message was edited Oct 11, 2009 10:32 PM