Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Late August blooms, 0 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Late August blooms

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Late August blooms
Gitagal wrote:
Holly

HOW did you save the Mandevilla? Did you keep it alive in the house or in some form of dormancy?

Somewhere on DG I read that Mandevilla make serious root tubers that can be dug up and saved. Has anyone heard of that? I never checked last year--just cut off the dead vine and the pot stayed outside all Winter. Might dig around and see this fall....

Sally--
ALL the blast e-mails I get from the Conservatory are written by Betsy who is the Volunteer Coordinator there. It is always her job to put out the SOS for help when it comes to getting ready for one of the shows or dismantling them. She also sends out the notices about what is happening.

As far as the area----yeah! it does, kind of, have a bad reputation about it, but it is a busy area and a residential area with all those beautiful, old, ornate row houses across the street.
When I have driven there, I go the "back way" through Wyman Park past the Art Museum and then down 28th Street. That is the worst part....Then I continue through Druid Hill Park-- around the lake and then I am there.....This park IS known for lots of drug people, mostly at night, but they also patrol it because of that.

I seldom think about what "might" happen--I just drive. Sometimes-- if it is really a seedy area--I lock my doors.

Gita