Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Was given a beta grape vine as a gift.... now what?, 0 by art_n_garden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright art_n_garden

In reply to: Was given a beta grape vine as a gift.... now what?

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Was given a beta grape vine as a gift.... now what?
art_n_garden wrote:
Mtnic, you're not bothering anyone...people's experience here is a thousand times better than google any day. Have you seen those funny commercials where people just start spitting out search information that has nothing to do with what the person next to them asked? I feel like that sometimes :) Anyways, off topic!

I don't know what exactly a 'Beta' grape is.... I'm assuming it's just a cultivar of grape right? I have a grape 'Mars' that I got in one of those cheepy bags from HD year before last. I had it in a pot until about June when frost had gone, moving it back and forth inside and out. Now it is growing in my back yard, quite happily. It was not fun to grow it as a houseplant though, I was always worried about it dying, so I'm on the fence with what to tell you. Maybe some more information would help me decide ...
How is the root system, was it just rooted or is it strong? How many leaves does it have/how tall is it and what conditions has it been in? How many more weeks do you have until heavy freeze?
Here's my mars right now...I can't wait for it to start producing!