Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 43, 0 by garden4grace

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright garden4grace

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 43

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 43
garden4grace wrote:
Hello all, well its been a while since I posted anything here. glad to see some new members too!
had a good burn up this morning of bush rubbish on our block. Sat and Tues the only days we can burn. not always able to due to work and weather. so good to get a few areas cleaned up. major risk again for this summer and hopefully i wont be so nervous this time round. we missed out on any damage earlier in the year although we had a couple of serial fire bugs strike quite close by.
my succulents are coming along well and the swaps from members here are thriving. always looking to help out with swaps with others. frost hasnt been so severe this year thank goodness, Ive started sowing vege seed, chard , silver beets and lettuce, and will put some tomato and capsicums into the heat bed to kick start them, need to get the cuttings that are inthere out first though.
rain is our biggest issue , so hope that by planting into foam boxes that broccoli come in will give me a better chance this year.. last season i planted into the foam vege boxes but they are not tall enough and the water ran out of the sides. I cut the bottom out of one and stacked them on top of each other.it worked to a degree but think the brocolli boxes will be better.

wil post up some pics soon.