Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Northeast Gardening: Help with Shasta Daisies, 0 by ayah

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ayah

In reply to: Help with Shasta Daisies

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Help with Shasta Daisies
ayah wrote:
This is a close up of one of the frilly ones. These came from the big box store so I don't know the names on them. Here is a close up of the frilly one. This one looks like it has a bug infestation, but I'm not sure. This picture was taken right after a hard windy rain storm. Also, this is a community garden plot and it is on the edge of the gated garden area. Kids like to stand and throw dirt into the gardens, they jump that fence, steal green tomatoes and then thow them back into the gardens like they are sling shots or something. The garden area has had a lot of trouble with what we call "fence jumpers" who come and steal the veggies and herbs. They even reached throught that black fence, tried to pick my Echie you see here in the foreground, actually pulled a piece of that huge clump out with the flower attached and then just left the piece across my shasta daisy. I think that is what is on this flower upclose. I've looked so close for aphids, I don't see any. Any advice on what you all think? About this being bugs vs. dirt.
Ayah

This message was edited Jul 26, 2009 8:26 AM

This message was edited Jul 26, 2009 8:39 AM