Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: My Maine "Vacation", 0 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: My Maine "Vacation"

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My Maine "Vacation"
rcn48 wrote:
I'm glad you "bumped" the thread and pleased you followed along on my "vacation" :) So...that's the "neck of the woods" you're from! LOL I've never had an opportunity to visit Lunaform but my best friend went there one summer when she was in Maine. Rick had secretly asked her to go and check out one of their containers as a wedding gift for me :) She really enjoyed her visit at Lunaform but the containers were way too large (and expensive!) for her to bring one back to VA :(

I'm hopeful that the Dawn Redwoods I planted will do well. The two that were planted at the base of the driveway were only about 3' tall but considering all the moisture in that area they should take off in no time! Ditto for the 'Ogon' that was planted on the other side of the property. They have a lot of wet areas on either side of the property and the 'Ogon' was planted on the east slope where it should benefit from the moisture as well. Plus it was one of the larger trees I planted, over 6' tall - it was tough squeezing that one into the van! The older Dawn Redwood we have planted in the landscape is huge and I love watching it in the fall. The foliage turns a lovely copper color, hangs on for a long time and then poof! All the needles drop at once :) If you get the opportunity to visit CMBG hopefully it will be before the foliage drops - there's a fairly new planting on this slope with maybe a dozen 'Ogon' and it's spectacular. You can just see the first one in the planting on the left in this picture. If I remember correctly, the 'Ogon' are planted on the left and flow into a planting of the straight species Dawn Redwood at the top of the slope.