Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Looking for info on KOI Gardens, 0 by GardenQuilts

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GardenQuilts

In reply to: Looking for info on KOI Gardens

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Looking for info on KOI Gardens
GardenQuilts wrote:
I just took pics of rubro. Been busy with personal issues including civil complaints and restraining order against a neighbor. After politely requesting three times that their dog be on a leash and reminding them that it is required by the town ordinance, I sent video of said dog to the town. In retaliation she threatened me and sprayed my back garden with weed killer (in full view of the security camera). Tape 2 to town. I really don't have the time or the patience to deal with infantile, drunken idiots. I have been looking for a larger place with more garden space, I am looking harder now.

Part of rubro was broken off when a trellis fell. (I am not paranoid, but there were footprints in my garden that don't match my garden shoes). After repairing the trellis and buying several more small security cameras, I put the broken branch in water in the budget aerator. When I finally had time to check it, it had started to root. (I should have taken pictures of the roots, but didn't. There were two short roots about the thickness of the stem. I know they were new because I trimmed rubro before putting it in water.)

I was wondering if I should cut the cutting back and try to root some of the other pieces. I am pleasantly surprised that it is surviving. The leaves didn't even wilt. I don't want to send it into shock or anything.

The main plant of rubro and it's companion rose, William Baffin, have survived the trellis 'accident". I guess crazy neighbors is another reason to select hardy cultivars.