Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #42, 0 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #42

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM   #42
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone. Thanks for the suggestions. I have the one bush begonia under the bench but they don't like the cold much and tend to lose leaves or rot away. . I did have one of the rex begonias in a basket but it died in the cold before I could put it down there. Cyclamens will do well as I have several in the fern house . I did think Violets too but they tend to take over. I may try to get some of the pink as I have read they are not so invasive. I do have some polyanthus in pots. I wonder how they would go ? They usually like being out in the sun here.
It is another cold and misty morning. Yesterday turned out to be not so bad once the sun was up . I even managed to get the shheets dry on the line. I cut all my Chrysanthemums back and will pot up some of the cuttings to sell at the market later in spring. Just about time to start on the roses. Maybe another week or two. until things dry a bit.
The poor Angels are looking the worse for wear due to the winds. They are still growing at the top but all the large leaves are torn and shabby. They will come back when the warm gets here.
Cody, I'll have the heat over the cold any day even though I don't like it over hot. I feel the cold so much more these days. I think they call it getting older.
Sue, I love your garden. You can never have too many plants can you ? I wonder sometimes as i look around . How many is too many ? Ha ha.
Hello everyone else. I have to move as hubby has another doctors appointment this morning.
Enjoy your day and this Hazelnut Chocolate Cheesecake.
Jean