Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #42, 0 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #42

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM   #42
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Colleen, so glad you had some rain at last. Your garden will love it. We had about 36 points overnight here. The wind is still with us.
Hello Chrissy, hope your brother is coping okay. Enjoy your weekend.
KK that is a gorgeous gladioli. Such a bright color combination. I have a few here . They pop up every now and then from old corms left behind .
Cody, such a sweet little dog. I hope she is feeling better now.
Hello Leisa. I am not the world greatest scone cooker either, but i havent burnt them yet. Perhaps your oven setting is not right. You need a hot oven . Contrary to some old tales that say a light touch is best , I used to watch my grandmother knead her scones well. She used a glass to cut them out. A dash of milk on top and mmmmmmmmm.
I learned a lot from my Nana as she used to teach cooking in her younger years.
Talking about her just brought to mind rice pudding and the smell of her knee liniment, wintergreen.
Funny how our memory works. A word or a smell can conjure a clear picture.
I am going to have to get out in the weather today as I have plants to go in. This weather is supposed to be here for a few more days so I'll be brave and put the coat on and get out there.
Hello to everyone popping in or lurking around. I hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend .
Keep warm and snug.
Enjoy these Scones . A few extra away in the cupboard for you Leisa.
Jean