Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Gardenias, anyone???, 0 by JBerger

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JBerger

In reply to: Gardenias, anyone???

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Gardenias, anyone???
JBerger wrote:
O.K. Chantell, this old lady needs to know how I can tell if my Gardenia Tree is grafted.
About every four or five inches there are marks on the trunk, but how could they just put sticks together? WAAAAAAA! I want to do that. I hope my SIL soon gets finished working. He knows how to graft trees, but gardenias, I don't know.

I have about four little ones started and I would love to know how to make trees out of them. I know I am far from that, but they are just the most wonderful plant I have ever had.
I cut them for the house and they last for days and days. Even when I cut them when they start to brown, the fragrance lingers until they are all brown.

Hey doc, I hail from Lancaster Co. Pa prior to NJ. I could never grow gardenias in PA. Here I am doing so much better, thanks to this group. Here is a pic of my Gardenia Tree.
Most of you have already seen it. It was purchased at an Acme. You have Acmes in PA Good Luck.
Only problem, they do not have a name on their plants. JB