Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: My Maine "Vacation", 0 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: My Maine "Vacation"

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My Maine "Vacation"
rcn48 wrote:
Now for the report on the actual purpose of my "vacation" - the landscaping project! All things considered we were fairly successful in getting almost everything accomplished in the week I was there. Left bright and early on a Friday morning, only to encounter a "snag" two hours later :( I-81 had been closed in WV because of an accident involving a gas tanker earlier in the morning! A quick detour in Winchester to avoid the backed up traffic led me through Frederick, MD and finally back to I-81 at Harrisburg. On a positive note, I found the most beautiful state park, Catoctin Mountain State Park, just above Frederick when I stopped to give Phoebe a break! We had plans to stop there on our return home but we were just too tired plus it was still raining. After spending a week in the rain gardening, all I wanted to do was get home! With traffic delays in CT and MA, extra stops to give Phoebe a break, I finally arrived in Maine 17 hours later - normally it's a 12-13 hr trip :( Beautiful weather the first day and Phoebe and I headed to the shore for her first trip to the ocean!