Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: What's blooming today, 0 by jep2075

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jep2075

In reply to: What's blooming today

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's blooming today
jep2075 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Sorry.. just ask me for a larger picture... no worries. I'll give you a little history on this clem. My mom got it last year in the spring and planted it off the patio next to the fence to give it something to climb on. It climbed at bit last year and we got maybe 4 blooms, but nothing like the size and color of this year. It more than doubled in size but got more bushy than upright. It does not climb that fast. I'm only a few years into gardening and I read and research whenever I have a moment. That's how I learned about differences in them and the whole pruning thing. Then somehow I came across a home brew clem fertalizer online and the directions where 1tbsp right a the roots every 2 weeks. I also sweetened the soil a bit with some garden lime. After that the thing started to explode like I had given it steriods.. I just could not believe it. I'm sure most of you clem experts know the brew. Anyhow here is a larger photo for you to help me identify it. Thanks again for all your help.